The first official day of summer is right around the corner and it is time to get your yard summer-ready. Below are five tips to ensure a beautiful landscape for your summer days and nights.
1. Fertilize your perennials 2 to 3 pounds of a granular 10-10-10 fertilizer per 100 square feet of soil in early spring, just as new growth apears to be growing. Fertilize your shrubs too at this time.
2. Add Preen to your mulch beeds for weed prevention and add a 3” layer of new mulch.
3. If you have a brick patio check to see if you need to add polymeric sand in the brick spaces. Its a great time to seal the pavers so they look great for summer.
4. Start planning your annual planting beds but don’t install them until the ground temperture reaches 50-60 degrees. Ground temperature is usually posted on your local Greenhouse website.
5. Call a landscape professional to evaluate your existing landscaping or to plan for new additions to your yard.
We offer complete landscape solutions, from design through construction, ensuring the highest quality control possible. We are located in Woodbury, Minnesota and provide services for the entire Twin Cities Metro Area.
Click here to contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation.